Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Session #4: John MacArthur

The path of holiness is through and by the Scriptures.
Isaiah 6
Isaiah 5:8-23 speaks of the six curses Israel
1. Drunkenness
2. Grasping materialism
3. Moral perversion
4. Mockers of God
5. Arrogant conceit
6. Corrupt leadership

Our world is more perverse and vile than it has ever been that one man once said, "If God doesn't destroy America soon, He'll need to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah." I find this statement very interesting because I know that when the Lord Jesus Christ returns, He isn't coming to save, but to judge, and America and the rest of our world who has rejected God will suffer such judgement and wrath as never before.
We're under judgment, not just on the brink of it.
God is looking for one who has a clear vision of His divine sovereignty.
In Isaiah 6:2 it says, "Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew."
Two of his wings covered his face because he can't even look into God's glorious face.
Two of his wings covered his feet because he was over holy ground in the presence of the Lord.

If I compare my speech with others of this world, I would consider my mouth clean.
But when I compare my speech with a Holy God, my mouth is vile.

God is not looking for perfect people. He's looking for broken people.
Verse 7 says, "He touched my mouth with it [a burning coal -vs.6] and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven."
What a wonderful forgiving, gracious heavenly Father we have! How our world doesn't care of His love and sacrifice - or His wrath to come. And one day, every knee will bow and confess that
HE IS LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment