Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Session #3: Al Mohler

Romans 12
How do I DO the will of God? - not 'how do I know the will of God'
Romans 3:23
Being conformed to this world takes no effort. We were born into it and born into sin. Our desire, though, should be to glorify God with out lives and fulfill His will, not our own, for our lives.
His Word sets forth His will for your life!
There are fifteen things that you definitely know are the will of God! This post will be short and sweet, and hopefully helpful.

You know, by the will of God, that:
1. you were born
2. you will die
3. you will grow - physically, spiritually, intellectually
4. you were made male or female
5. you believe in Christ
6. you folllow Christ as His disciple
7. you trust and obey the Scriptures
8. you obey and respect all authorities
9. you be married** and faithful in that marriage
10. you be faithful in raising your family
11. you develop the gifts He has bestowed upon you
12. you be deeplly involved in the local church
13. you lead, women - by example, mothers - with their children
14. you share the gospel
15. you do everything for the glory of God!

**#9 you be married
Al Mohler touched on this one more than the others and what He said was very helpful.
Genesis 2
#1. There is an exception.
"There are some regenerate believers in the Lord Jesus Christ who are given a special gift and that gift is the gift of celibacy. And that gift is demonstrated in the fact that you can be deployed for great commission service. You can be deployed for service to the kingdom of God, explicitly for the kingdom of God. You can be deployed in that way and not be distracted and not be defiled by sexual temptation. You will know that you have that gift, the gift of celibacy, if in the quietest moments of your life you know 'I could live for the rest of my life without sex. I can live in such a way without bitterness to God. I can live in such a way without temptation and lust entering my life that would defile and eventually debase my ministry. I can do these things with a glad and joyous heart. I can do without these things. I can be without wife, I can be without husband, I can be without children, and I can be so to the glory of God and I can be so happy in my heart knowing that God has a purpose for me that before I was made, He knew me and intended this for me and has given me this gift so that I can go and do what a married person cannot do.' If that characterizes you, then the church of the Lord Jesus Christ should celebrate that with unmitigated joy and deploy you with incredible enthusiasm and support and love you as you find your family identity within the eternal family of faith." - direct quote from Al Mohler


No comments:

Post a Comment