Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Time for Everything

Sitting at the kitchen table, a cup of tea and a piece of toast (with nutella on it of course!), and my Bible open........Lord, teach me, mold me, and forgive me for when I have been hypocritical. Oh, I get so distracted with the things of the world that I put off my personal devotion time with the Lord until later in the day. I think that other things will satisfy me. And sometimes, for the moment, they do. But not eternal satisfaction. I lose interest and then desire more because it wasn't good enough in the beginning.
Spending time with my heavenly Father - talking to Him, asking Him questions, listening to what He has to say - that truly satisfies my soul, and my desire to want more is a good desire, because it's eternal.
When I read the Word of God, I can't help but be amazed each time at the beauty of the words on each page. I can't read a paragraph without finding numerous things in it that encourage me or convict me. It makes me think of Hebrews 4:12 which says, "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
Scripture is amazing - every word is God-breathed. (2 Timothy 3:16)
It pierces my soul and reveals my sin. There are hundreds of thousands of phrases that are like a line of music in my heart - there is nothing more beautiful, more precious, than the words of our Lord!
"Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path."
Psalm 119:105

"In the beginning was the Word, and the
Word was with God, and the Word was
God." vs.1
"And the Word became flesh, and
dwelt among us, and we saw His glory,
glory as of the only begotten from the
Father, full of grace and truth." vs.14
John 1:1;14

Lord, you are more precious than silver.
Lord, you are more costly than gold.
Lord, you are more beautiful than diamonds.
And nothing I desire compares with you.

1 comment:

  1. That's so special, Rachel. It's such a privilege to have time with our Lord... I too find that nothing I read is wasted - there is always a purpose and message in God's words to me!
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete