Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Little Things...

So undeserving, and yet so blessed.
The Lord has given me a love for so many things, big and small, in this world, and I count them all as blessings.
I thought it would be fun to share with you a few of the little things that I love, from books to food to weather to flowers to anything I can think of!


Some things I love !! :


  • good action-packed multi-plotted books
  • mint oreo ice cream - oohhh yum!!
  • sunflowers (absolutely my favourite!)
  • photography - looking at others and taking my own :)
  • children - oh my, can I even describe my love for these little blessings?!
  • books that help me in my spiritual walk with the Lord, especially the ones that prick so deep within my heart, it's encouraging to be reminded I'm not the only one who struggles...
  • the colour green - ohh yes, that rich forest green!
  • Autumn - absolute favourite season! the leaves changing colours, the geese flying south for the winter, the cold winds that blow in, the mountain peaks blanketed with fresh snow....
  • homemade perogies - oh yes, with cheddar cheese inside, only made by Mommy!
  • Christmas - what a holiday! the music, the decorations, the lights, hiding presents, walking through snow (or sometimes through puddles of rain) to find the perfect tree, celebrating Christ's birth!
  • scarves - every colour imaginable to wear each day through fall and winter
  • orchards - can I even say how much I love them?! there is just something so beautiful, magical, and peaceful about them. it gives you a sense of awe.... and you feel safe...
  • the name Elsa - don't ask me why - it's just so beautiful, feminine, and unique. and by the way, it means 'consecrated to God' and 'joyful'. love it!
  • wrapping up in a warm blanket, sitting by a real fire, with a tea and my Bible
  • singing - Oh what joy to know that we will sing praises to our God for eternity!
  • Resolved Conference! - oh I would highly recommend going! three-and-a-half days of worship, 11 sermons, and fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ - being taught by John MacArthur, Al Mohler, Rick Holland, Steve Lawson, and C.J. Mahaney! oh what encouragement!
  • my family -!!!!!! My Daddy is my hero, my Mom is my inspiration, my sister is my best friend, and my brother is my constant encourager and protector (yes, I have no worries about young men getting too close or saying too much when my bro's around. and everyone knows he'll always be right there to protect me :). )
  • horses - favourite animal! riding bareback makes you feel like you could fly!
  • farm life - horses, cows, and chickens - lots of land (rolling hills with mountains and rivers in the distance, forests all around, an old-falling-apart barn with hay bales inside, and open space all around (no neighbours close by) :)
  • egg nog - there is no better drink! (Starbucks mocha and strawberry fraps are up there)
  • laughing - what a gift! oh i just love smiling and laughing, and making others laugh!
  • making homemade cards - I love making cards from scratch to encourage others, it's so much fun!
  • little house on the prairie days! I love the prairie days - the dresses, the simplicity, the homemade everything, and the one-room schools!
  • journaling - that is, with inky pens :)....i just love writing down my thoughts, my questions, my new discoveries, my favourite Scripture passages, etc.
  • doodling - you should see my old school books! the front and back covers are covered in doodlings of anything and everything!
  • drawing - I really enjoy drawing, I just don't do it enough......one day :)
  • learning - it is so much fun to learn something new every day. and to sit down to read, study, learn, comprehend, and retain it! then teach it to others!
  • the book of Ephesians - oh such beautiful words! Ephesians 3:17-21 have been key in my walk with the Lord.





well, there are many other things, but this is just a glimpse into my world for now. :)


Have a blessed weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment