Tuesday, October 18, 2011


Glorious days! Fall is my ultimate favourite time of year!
Golden, orange, and red leaves hang on the trees, some softly falling to the ground, swept by the crisp autumn air that blows through my curtains and sends a cold, yet warming feeling to my bones. Living in a farming community, it is always such a pleasure to see the corn grow high in the summer, and then harvested in the fall. My brother and I have had the privilege of helping friends of ours with their harvesting this year and it is actually lots of fun to go down row after row on a bumpy tractor, listening to praise and worship songs along the way.
Our God is so wonderful and I'm just so amazed at how faithful He is to His children. Each year He provides enough rain for the crops to grow and flourish. He provides the sun and warm breezes to keep the ground soft for seeding. And each year an abundant crop is brought forth and His greatness is displayed for everyone to see.
I just love watching Him at work through other's lives and my own. For a while, I had been feeling discouraged about where I was in my walk and had been dwelling on my failures and sins rather than on His forgiveness.
I now see that He brings along those harder times so that I can have a greater appreciation and love for His times of blessings.
My family and I had the privilege of leading worship at an old-age home in our city. The Lord had just given me a calmness of heart ahead of time, that I could stay completely focused on Christ and not on the people watching. It was so encouraging to hear the elderly people sing their favourite hymns. Although their voices were shaky and a bit off-pitch, to me, it sounded beautiful and uplifting! They were worshiping God from their hearts, not caring what others thought about them. They were setting an example for me to live by and I cherish that.

To worship God from the heart with a joyful song!

"O come, let us sing for joy to the
LORD,

Let us shout joyfully to the rock of
our salvation.
Let us come before His presence
with thanksgiving,
Let us shout joyfully to Him with
psalms.
For the Lord is a great God

And a great King above all gods,
In whose hand are the depths of the
earth,
The peaks of the mountains are His
also.
The sea is His, for it was He who

made it,
And His hands formed the dry land.

Come let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the LORD our
Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His
pasture and the sheep of His
hand."

Psalm 95:1-7a


No comments:

Post a Comment